Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Stargate Building

I love this building. Tom talked about this building after one of his numerous trips here a few years ago. He kept going on and on about the Stargate Building. You know, the Stargate, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis? I was so excited when I finally got to see it. Well, a few weeks ago I actually took a picture of it and was going to post about how cool this area was to have a building that looked like this. . .
Little did I know, but apparently locals call this the Toilet Bowl Building. When someone told me that I nearly fell off my seat. Everyone knew exactly what building I was talking about. We were in the midst of a conversation about all the cool buildings in this area, and everyone but me knew that this was the Toilet Bowl Building. Man, that completely ruins it for me. No more Stargate Building. It will forever be a Toilet Bowl.
Cross posted at DC Metro Moms Blog.

1 comment:

Jessica @ Little Nesting Doll said...

SO FUNNY!!! As soon as I saw the pic I thought "Oh, the toilet bowl building", then kept reading and laughing!!! Its a great landmark!