Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mix Tapes

Man oh man. The kids asked me what the CD was playing in the car a few months ago. I explained to them that it was a CD that I made full of songs that I liked. After I got past the whole "I made this CD" - they thought I was singing (yeah, like I'd listen to that!) - they got it. We all went about our business and now they want their own. I think I have created a monster - three monsters actually. So, I told them that we'd make a list of their favorite songs and when we got enough we'd made a Mix CD for them. And here I thought middle school was over - that my time of making mix CD's had passed.

Wondering what on earth a 7 year old and two 4 year olds want on their Mix CD? Well, the lisat might surprise you:

Sister Psychic - Go kids! This one is their absolute favorite song (well, this weel at least). Thanks for picking something that doesn't have little kids singing or isn't mind numbing.

Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison has captivated another generation.

La Vida Mickey - Love Ricky Martin, but this is Mickey Mouse's version. Oh well.

I'm a Believer (from Shrek) -Witness the power of Disney's marketing machine.

Can't Get Enough of You Baby - More Smashmouth - can't complain about this one.

Celebration - Yup. It's the wedding standard and my kids want it.

Will2K - Will Smith? Yup, Will Smith.


Apollo (from Rocnoceros) - Yes, it's all about the moom landing in 1969

And last but not least:
Helloboodbye's Here - It's a dance track...

And just this morning they asked for some Black Eyed Peas. They have a pretty broad range of likes so I guess I can't complain much. And the Mickey song is the only one that might drive me over the edge. The rest, even the Rocnoceros songs, are pretty good. But a Mix CD kids?

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Welcome to the 2000 generation of children.

My husband wants to buy my seven year old an Ipod for Chrismtas. Seven! I don't think so.

At least they've come up with a list. Now the question is will you ever find the time to burn it for them....

Anonymous said...

My daughter demands to hear "Twist and Crawl" by the English Beat.

Of course she calls is Twisty Crawl...