Monday, June 16, 2008

It's deafeningly quiet in here

I have a four year old laptop that is so loud that it shifts the threshold of your hearing - I swear it does. It's like being at a rock concert and then walking out - your ears just take a few minutes to adjust. The past few weeks it has been so loud and squeaky on top of that that I knew something was wrong. And now as I sit here typing my fingers are burning, which means that I blew out a fan. Oh, and it's silent in here - eerily silent. The dehumidifier downstairs in the basement is the only thing I hear right now. That can't be a good sign. So, it's off to bed for my computer - my sweet precious computer that better not fail on me anytime soon. I'll get you a new fan my dear, so hang in there an sleep tight tonight. It could be worse - my hard drive could have taken a dump, so I'm glad to know that it's just a fan...

No comments: