Wednesday, July 05, 2006

That perfect fireworks picture...

Sam, Max, and Ian July 4, 2006 Falls Church Fireworks Display

So I'm a HUGE parade and fireworks junkie - to the point of dragging my kids off a plane (3.5 hour flight), putting them down for a nap, and then keeping them out until all hours of the night just to see some fireworks! We rolled off the plane and drove an hour arriving back home at about 2pm. We all crashed until about 6pm, except for my soccer junkie hubby who was watching World Cup (can't blame him for that though - he said it was a GREAT game!). Needless to say he crashed out early tonight. Anyway, after we woke up, I waffled (as is the VA Phipps way) between hitting the big DC fireworks and the Falls Church toned down version. Well, after considering that I'd be seeing the DC fireworks with 500,000 of my closest friends, I fugured that the FC variety would be just fine. Boy, was I wrong. It wasn't just fine - it was PERFECT for us! We got there aobut 1.5 hours ahead of time and the boys goofed while it was getting dark. Then, we enjoy a 1/2 hour show. I am still on my eternal quest for a picture - a good picture I should say - of fireworks, so I took about 80 or so. I snapped a few that might quality, but I'm off to try again next time now that I have played once with out reading the manual of my new digital SLR. (Yeah, didn't check ahead of time about taking pics of fireworks - but I'm sure it's in there. At least I brought the tripod!)

Anyway, while the boys were EXHAUSTED (it was 10:30 when we got home and we started this day at 5:00 am Texas time), everyone had a blast. I'm so glad that I dragged everyone out for the show. Tom just smiles and shakes his head any time I mention fireworks or parades, but he always goes with me. It's in the wedding vows: promises to honor, cherish, attend parades (or so he says). So, here are a few pics, first of the boys then of the fireworks. I haven't looked through them all to see if I FINALLY caught my perfect picture, but maybe, just maybe I finally did...

Is this the one?

Or perhaps this one?

No comments: