Saturday, February 21, 2009

I am serving store bought cupcakes.

Yes, There, I said it - store bought. There's only so much you can do to prepare for a party for a bunch of five and six year olds that you are hosting at a rec center. It's not the bouncie place or the pool or the gym. They don't have activities planned - it's a total DIY kind of thing. So the cupcakes? Well, they slipped and I'm fine with it. There's a relief in knowing that the party is at 2pm tomorrow and all i need to do is grab some ice cream cups and the cake from the store. And yeah, those cupcakes. That's mainly in case we have a few extra kids show up.

But while I sit here reveling in the fact that I'm ready to go tomorrow (all the games are even bagged separately). Tom is downstairs fighting with little parts and pieces of two bikes. Yes, we got bikes for the boys for their 6th birthday - seeing as how we used parts of their old bikes to fix a stroller back in November, it was about time. So I'm off to see if Tom needs any help getting those bikes together, but from all the banging and crashing it sounds like he's well on his way.

No comments: