Friday, August 28, 2009

Late Night Cons, Pt. 2

Not so much of a conversation, but more of a bunch of cons. This time they were flat out busted. Last night I wrote that I was listening to the boys talk until the wee hours of the night. As my dear sweet hubby lay sleeping and I caught up on e-mails that had piled up during the day, the stinky set decided that the middle of the night was a good time to talk, or so I thought. Well, I was wrong, and they were busted.

First off they slept until 10:45 this morning. Yes, the children in this house that wake up at the ungodly hour of 6am on a regular basis slept past 10am. We even had to make the 7am rule - don't come out and no talking or making noise before 7am (or your parents can't make it through the day) because they were getting up sometimes at 5 or 6am. They are generally pretty good about following the 7am rule now, and for the past few weeks have even been playing with their little sister in the mornings so that Tom and I can get some extra sleep. Between his broken arm and my pissed off back we really, really appreciate it. So them sleeping in didn't get them busted, but my mommy radar must be off because of the pain meds.

About 4pm today Max asked if they could play electronics. They get to play for 1/2 hour every day, and that's only when they don't lose the privilege (which is about every other week these days!). I said yes and they all went scurrying into their room. In and of itself not such a big thing, except that I keep the box full of their games and DS's in my bedroom. Suddenly the light went off. They were up all night playing Nintendos. So, that was the end of their electronics for the day. A bit later Max totally crashed out and Sam and Ian spent a chunk of time reading. Figures - they were up all night and didn't have any juice left that late in the afternoon. And when Tom found out he explained to them in a calm voice that if they were going to sneak stuff or misbehave that they needed to be smarter about it. Guess they'll get that part figured out eventually...or not.

1 comment:

Delora said...

We've caught our 9yo playing DS after lights-out several times this month. The insistence that he doesn't want us to come in and give him a goodnight hug was kind of a dead giveaway. That, and he'd forget to turn the sound complete off and we could hear it ;)