Saturday, November 08, 2008

A little home maintenance...by the kids...

My kids are not plumbers, and they know this. So the other morning when the toilet overflowed they did the best they could to clean it up so that there wasn't water everywhere:

I definitely appreciate their effort at not destroying our house, and their attempt at getting this not-so-much-their-fault mess all cleaned up. But should I be offended by the note they left?



In case you can't read it, it says:

Daddy only

Daddy, the tolet overflowed twice. There is something worng. Can you fix it?

Love, Max

Did I mention that Daddy happened to be out of town when the boys so lovingly wrote this note? Obviously Daddy is the one in charge of overflowing toilets, so what did I do? Nothing. Absolutely nothing, that is, until Tom came home and I pointed out that they boys left him a note. Fortunately he arrived home later on that evening, so we didn't have a sopping mess and broken toilet for long. Love those kids...

No comments: