Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cornhole anyone?

Can't believe that I'm actually writing about this, but when I heard about it a year or so ago all I could do was laugh. Well, it seems that while this slipped out of my mind completely, while I was looking for a t-shirt yesterday online it all came rushing back:

Bet that you didn't know that tossing a bean bag into a hole on a board was called Cornhole, and that there's an organization dedicated to maintaining order in the activity, as well as places where you can buy your supplies online. Yikes. Unfortunately the more widely know definition is not a sport that children should be playing, and that's all I'll say about that. Look it up if you aren't aware of that definition, but only if you are up for an adventure. Anyway, the bean bag toss has taken on a whole new meaning - and who knew that I made my kids do this a few years back:

Isn't Ian cute tossing that beanbag into that hole in the board back in 2005? So terribly sorry for bringing it up and subjecting you to a not so wholesome activity (the more commonly used definition if you looked it up - not the game), but that darn t-shirt made me.

No comments: