Monday, April 23, 2007

IT'S A NEW BRA!!!

I bought my first new bra today. Actually, it's a sports bra, so I'm not really sure if it counts, but it sets me free from that nasty velcro strapped, adjustable surgical bra, size 5. Yeah, it simply said Size 5 on it. I guess they do that so you aren't completely freaked out at what size you are after surgery.

Anyway, I'm officially an XL now. I haven't fit into a bra this small since high school. I'm so excited that I can wear this! It's a racer back bra, and I don't know that I've ever worn one of these (at least as far back as I can remember). It's so much more comfortable than the surgical bra - is very soft and snug. Best part is that it keeps my new little friends happy. I bought three - grey, black, and white. Yeah, not very adventurous as Tom said, but hey, baby steps man, baby steps. I'll go after that bright teal, yellow, and whatever other color after I want to take them out for a spin. For now I just need a place to tuck my new friends away - someplace that they feel happy.

Tomorrow hopefully I'll get my last drain out. It's so itchy now and while I'm still draining (yeah, kinda gross there - terribly sorry) it really needs to come out. So, I'll call tomorrow and hopefully will have good news to report. They've done a great job but it's time to go.

Otherwise, I'm cutting down on pain meds. Only taking Tylenol now - and one Percocet at night to help get settled for bed. Otherwise I mostly feel really sore (all over though) like I exercised way too much. The incisions are itchy at points and will continue to be, but the pain levels drop each day. I'm still extremely weak - you don't realize how many things you use those abdominals for. I'm going to be so much nicer to them now that I've had them all fixed up.

So, it's off to bed for me now - the Percocet is doing it's job so I can lie down. Tomorrow we're off to the park, and it should be another beautiful day here!

No comments: