Sunday, September 14, 2008

Not cool. Not cool at all.

The boys and I were in the cars a few days back and we were having a conversation about the cars around us as we do quite often. The boys are into counting Jeeps, VW Bugs, and Mini Coopers. In the midst of the car counting Max dropped the big Momma bomb on me. I said something about how cool it would be to drive one particular car (can't remember which car it is now, but it was some sort of fast, sexy looking convertible), when Max said ina matter of fact voice "Moms think that minivans are cool."

Yeah. Right. Minivans are cool.

Poor kid. didn't even see me coming at him as I flew over the two rows of seats and grabbed and shook some sense into him. (Not really - I was driving at the time.) After sucking back in all the air that rushed out of my body I explained that most moms would rather be driving that sexy looking convertible, that luxury car, or that big truck (well, that's my vote) than this minivan. And dear child, minivans are not cool -in anyone's book.

Sigh...there's still work to be done.

No comments: