Monday, January 28, 2008

The Dreaded Driver's License

No, my kid is only 7, but he asked that terrible question that you never want to hear out of the mouth of your kid:

"Mommy, how many video games do you have to win before they give you your driver's license?"

Huh? Not quite the question I was expecting, but it sure did crack me up. So here I was explaining to my SEVEN year old how to go about getting one's license. Yes, you need to be sixteen. Yes, some kids learn to drive in school and some learn in the parking lot of the local high school football stadium. No, you have to keep your grown up handy or you aren't allowed to practice driving. No, you don't get a car just because you have a license - you have to purchase the car. No, being a good driver on a video game doesn't make you a good driver in real life...sigh...if only...

1 comment:

*Tanyetta* said...

LOL!!!!!! how many games????? I love it :)