Wednesday, August 23, 2006

No, really, I'm 34...

I took the boys to Chili's tonight because Tom is out of town and I didn't feel like making anything. I thought I'd order a beer with my fajitas - I am from Texas. The waitress who had to be in her 50's CARDED ME. I laughed and told her that I was 34, but she still wanted to see my ID. Guess she didn't notice the three kids with me, or the wrinkles, or the bags under my eyes. Either that or she thought that is par for the course with 20 year olds! I haven't been carded in years, and yes, she was serious. What an odd sensation to have to pull out your ID after all this time to get a drink. Funny part is - I wasn't ever really carded when I was younger. I almost always was able to order a drink and never really had to present ID - even when I was 21, 22, 23 years old. Not really sure why she thought I was so young - guess it was my three young dates. Cute guys, but come on...me, under 21?

No comments: