Thursday, May 14, 2009

There's an app for that

For the past two years I have groaned and complained about my phone service and my cell phone. You see, I don't get reception in my house. At all. Ever. On a good day I'll get a bar - one bar - but not enough to get a decent signal. And then about six months ago my phone started failing. Failing as in I'm going to shut down now even though I'm halfway done with charging just to make Suzie mad kind of failing. I replaced the battery about a year into the new phone and expected it to last as long as the original, but it didn't really come close at all. The phone itself was causing problems too (missed calls, missed messages, dropped calls, wonky internet access when it worked at all, etc.), so you can understand why I was counting the days until the end of my contact. At 30 days before it ended I called up and was told that it would cost me $60 to cancel at that point, plus $60 to cancel Tom's phone too. That means I would have spent $120 just because I wasn't patient.

So finally the day arrived. It was sunny out and the kids had just finished up their soccer games. I dragged everyone to the lovey and beautiful (and very nice and helpful) phone place, and got myself one of these:
And now I'm in love. I know that I've forsaken my husband for other bloggers, for food, and even for electronics in the past, but this one wins hands down. I'm still trying to figure out the ins and outs of it, but it really is cool. Super duper cool. I feel like I'm finally catching up to the tech wave that we used to ride but now chase after, and finally I can use my phone in the comfort of my own living room. And yes, there really is an app for that. And that. And that too.

No comments: