Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's Here. It's Finally Here.

I can't believe that I am all of 10 miles away from this momentous occasion, yet I didn't think once of going into town because of all of the problems - freezing weather, closed bridges and roads from Virginia, only 5000 port a potties, a million of my closest friends. But I am beside myself excited that we are getting a new President tomorrow. And what a man we are getting. So instead of clinging to the idea that I'd get a peek of the newest President of the US on one of the giant TV screens that they'll have down on the Mall, I'll hang out with my kids and some friends enjoying the inauguration and the parade from the comfort of home. So all of you brave folks heading into town tomorrow - stay warm and stay safe. And do remember - everyone - that we are witnessing history in the making.

No comments: