Monday, November 22, 2010

Can't believe the fairytale is coming to an end

Disney getting out of the Fairytale business? Really? After a wide variety of princesses and princes venturing out to conquer love, forbidden romance, their sworn and unknown enemies, and even their own hair, it seems that Disney is done with them. Tangled will be the last fairytale they conquer. According to this article in the LA Times, kids today just aren't all about the princesses and princes, well, at least not after they turn 5 years old. And those 3 and 4 year olds? Well, they aren't so much about driving to the movie theaters - at least mine weren't. While it makes sense with the increase in popular tween and older kid programing that Disney wraps this one up, it still makes me sad. Cinderella is my absolute favorite. Not because of who she was or what she did, just because she's Cinderella. She's dreamy, slightly quirky and unassuming, independent, and of course she wore a pretty blue dress. Even at my age I still smile when I see her at the parks - makes me feel like a kid again. It's a shame to imagine that there won't be any more Cinderella's, in the near future at least, coming out of Disney studios.

That said, I did have the chance to see Tangled with the boys and not only did I enjoy it but they got a kick out of it too! Check out my review of Tangled here.

No comments: