Saturday, December 01, 2012

My Coleman's

Lost in the shuffle for a bit, it's time to get back and settle down here. For December, I'll be doing dailies. One little post or snapshop of what going on in our lives. Some days will be more exciting, and some days you'll get pictures of my toes/shoes/socks/whatever.

Today is one of those days when I show you my shoes. It's cold outside now, but not really cold. My summer toes have disappeared and it's all about the fuzzy slippers and heavy hiking boots. I've had these boots for several years now and have found myself wearing them almost every day since I gave up my flip flops.  I used to own a pair of Timberlands, and loved them to death, but they never saw truly cold weather. Back in Texas I didn't know what cold was. Here in Virginia, it's been hovering around freezing in the mornings and late evenings, and when you breathe in, the cold catches your breath. It's not terribly cold yet - that will come later in the season - but it's not flip-flop weather. And these Coleman boots (yes, the camping stove folks make boots and I'm sure a bunch of other things too) have not only kept me in comfort, but they've kept me warm. I'm hoping they will last forever, but I know they won't - they are already starting to show signs of their age. But for now they will keep me in good stead - toes warm and comfy, even when it gets really cold out.

No comments: