Saturday, February 11, 2012

ENFJ or INFJ?

Oh how things have changed. Years ago (and I mean decades really) I took the Myers-Briggs and scored a STRONG INFJ. The strongest part was the I - Introverted. I found solace and strength in the quiet, refueled when I was by myself, and while I was a behind the scenes advocate, I never stepped into the spotlight.

But oh how life has changed me. I'm now wavering between the E and the I, squarely in the middle of being introverted and extroverted. Both personality types fit me to a tee. I test one way one day, but not strong on the I or E, then flip to the other side the next. I'm leaning towards ENFJ as I get older, but still straddle the INFJ too much to call either one the dominant type. Everything else is fairly strong, at least it's never crept past the midline. But I am stuck somewhere between the extroverts and the introverts, and I'm pretty happy sitting right here.

INFJ (1-3% of the population)

For INFJs the dominant quality in their lives is their attention to the inner world of possibilities, ideas, and symbols. Knowing by way of insight is paramount for them, and they often manifest a deep concern for people and relationships as well. INFJs often have deep interests in creative expressions as well as issues of spirituality and human development. While their energy and attention are naturally drawn to the inner world of ideas and insights, what people often first encounter with INFJs is their drive for closure and for the application of their ideas to people’s concerns.

ENFJ (2-5% of the population)

For ENFJs the dominant quality in their lives is an active and intense caring about people and a strong desire to bring harmony into their relationships. ENFJs are openly expressive and empathetic people who bring an aura of warmth to all that they do. Intuition orients their feeling to the new and to the possible, thus they often enjoy working to manifest a humanitarian vision, or helping others develop their potential. ENFJs naturally and conscientiously move into action to care for others, to organize the world around them, and to get things done.

From Looking at Type: The Fundamentals - Charles Martin, Ph.D.


No comments: