Thursday, February 18, 2010

World's Worst Valentine

Not only did I get my sweetie a Valentine, but I failed to get my kids set up properly for their Valentine's parties. But, honestly, I'm not losing sweat over it this time. So be it. After a tinge of guilt I've let it go.

You see, after the worlds worst snowfall/school closings/DC in the midst of a panic I assumed that we'd write Valentine's Day off completely. Any other year I'd sit with the boys as they addressed some form of store bought valentines (all this crafty artsy in me and the kids always want the store bought - KILLS me), and we'd have them ready for their party. Well, this year they were snowbound on the day of their party, so nothing doing on that end. But we were also snowbound the week before their party, so that too ruled out the acquisition of said store bought Valentine's. The failure on my part comes in when we look at all the free time we have had over the past 10 days, all the craft stuff that I have here, and my complete and utter lack of motivation to do anything. But more on that later.

So, the kids all head back to school, and yesterday, much to my surprise, the boys came home with a bag full of Valentine's from their classmates. After a bit of questioning as to how the ENTIRE rest of the class knew to bring their stuff in, they both told me, in the smallest voices possible, that they knew on Tuesday and just didn't bother to tell me. So I guess I'm not the only one who isn't losing sweat over it.

Now I just need to figure out how to repackage these Xmas cards and gift cards and get them to their teachers as we missed the last three days of school before winter break too!

No comments: