Thursday, October 11, 2007

My turn at the eye doctor wasn't so fun

First off some background. I'm 35. That's all you really need to know for this story.

O.K., Now for the rest of the story. I'm getting bifocals. Yes, bifocals. Did I mention that I'm only 35? This isn't the greatest indignity that I've suffered, but it sure does come close. I'm not really upset - the thought of being able to see both close up AND far away is appealing. But geez - bifocals? I did tell you that I'm just 35, right? That matters because I actually don't have presbyopia, the thing that you get when you get older. The doctor said that I'd get that in about five or ten years though, so that's not a nice thought. But what I have now is a pair of eyes that over focus. This means that they cannot correct the stuff close up and the stuff far away with the same prescription. So, bifocals. Makes sense I guess...IF I WERE 50. Yeah, I'm a little miffed about this. It's not even the traditional "You're getting old so you need bifocals," but rather "There's something else weird about you that we need to fix." Huh...bifocals. You do remember that I'm only 35, right?

No comments: