Sunday, January 07, 2007

Boxes

And so it begins. We are planning on moving in the next two weeks or so (weather permitting) and the boxes are slowly taking over the house. It's a very different thing to prepare for a move a few miles away than across the country - it is a whole lot easier. The packing and unpacking is going quickly and we will end up with a bunch of boxes that are the same size and shape that all stack neatly on top of each other. We are already piling these boxes up in corners, against the railing, and in the garage. We are going to hire folks to load and unload boxes as well as move the big pieces of furniture. Hopefully we can be moved over in a day. For now we just have packing on the list.

There's some sort of emotional high for me when I pop open that nice new box and fill it with my stuff. It that first time I use a box, the first time I write on it that for some unknown reason makes me smile. Who knows why...I dig these new boxes.

We're calling movers tomorrow to arrange the rest of the move as well as getting all of our utilities set up. Shouldn't be too hard, but it's amazing how many of these utilities don't have online connections and disconnections available. That would make life so much easier. Anyway, we're slowly but surely making progress. It's a low stress move for us thus far and we want it to stay that way. I'll keep you posted on how it goes, but we are in great shape - about 1/2 packed up so far and are making rapid progress!

No comments: