Wednesday, March 04, 2009

SNOW!!!!

IT SNOWED...and snowed...and snowed...and snowed...

Over the course of two days it snowed between 6-8 inches. All in our yard, of course. Seems like the rest of the world just fell off and disappeared. I love that feeling - it was beautiful, quiet, bright, and cold. And I was so excited that when I dragged out of bed that morning at 6:45 I couldn't go back to sleep. I took pictures, watched the trees bend under the weight, watched the plows run by, watched the snow fall silently on the landscape, and most of all just took it all in. There's something so peaceful about snow, and this is the most I've ever seen all in one spot as far as I can remember. I'm sure that at some point in my life I've seen more - as a kid visiting NY I did - but this was light-years cooler than any snow I've seen as a grownup. I just couldn't wait to take it all in. And neither could the kids:

1 comment:

Venus Vaughn said...

My little S&M,

I don't know if I ever told you, but I'm finally following your blog :) It took me getting a blog of my own to get into the blogosphere.

I also don't know if I told you that I've been writing a book, so the blog is really all about that and not about my personal life. That also means it has fewer and less interesting updates. It's also under my pen name, so that adds an extra layer of impersonal.

I love all the pics on your page. Give Tom my love.

Your A. Banana in Arizona :)