Thursday, July 26, 2007

One Year

Today is the one year anniversary of Mom's death. I can hardly believe that a full year has passed. It seems like almost yesterday that I was flying back and forth to Texas to visit with her and help care for her in her last two months. Those months went so quickly. There's so much more I wish I could have experienced with her and so much more in life that I wish she would have been able to see. But, I go on knowing how deeply she loved all of us, and how proud she was of the way we'd all turned out. She and Dad are truly the foundation upon which my character is built. Without both of them I wouldn't be the person I am today - stong, independent, caring, slightly off center...and the list goes on.

So, while I'm terribly sad that she's gone from our lives and that the kids won't ever know the really cool person that she was (the grown up part - they know how cool she was as their Mimi!), I am greatful that I got to spend the first 33 years of my life with her and really get to know her not only as a mom, but as friend. So Mom, this is for you:





3 comments:

henna's hearsay said...

One year already??? That was a tough time for me. I hope we can both find some peace that we had such wonderful, fun moms. What great memories. However, nothing will ever replace them and our kids are certainly missing out.

Great big loving bear hugs.

Unknown said...

Just wanted you to know I was sending Hugs from Texas..

((((((HUGS))))))

Tina said...

Suzie, Your mother was one of the most amazing women I've ever met. Though I hadn't seen her in probably 18 years, I count her as one of the great women I've met in my life. - Tina